Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tuesdays at the Table...


I had fun posting a recipe last week on my blog. So, I've decided to try it again. I LOVE this salad that my friend Caroline makes. It's very yummy. I've only made it once, because it's better when Caroline makes it. I hope you ENJOY! Be sure to visit my friend Andrea's blog to see more recipes. Andrea sure has come a long way from the days in college we when we cooked a whole meal in one pot! Check out her blog...she has a lot of great (and inexpensive) ideas. :)
Cabbage Salad

Salad:
1 bag of coleslaw (finely shredded, no carrots)
4 green onions
2 pkg. oriental flavored ramen noodles (crushed)
8 Tbsp. pecans (chopped)
8 Tbsp. sesame seeds
3 Tbsp. Margarine

Dressing:
1 cup oil
1 1/2 pkg. ramen noodle flavoring
6 Tbsp. rice vinegar
4 Tbsp. sugar
pepper to taste

Mix the dressing and chill until ready to serve. Saute the pecans and sesame seeds in the margarine. Set aside until ready to serve. Toss the cabbage, onions, and crushed ramen noodles together. Set aside until ready to serve. Mix all three steps together right before serving to avoid sogginess. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

This is a little different from an oriental salad recipe I have. Sounds delicious ! I'm getting my summer salad recipes together now. I'm glad another one to my list!

Groomer Angie said...

Different, but looks yummy.

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

I make one similiar to this where you use Napa cabbage and brown the crushed ramen noodles. Definitely going to try this one. Thanks.

The Hardy Family said...

I love that salad too and remember Caroline making it for Tasha's baby shower!! I just made it recently!

AndreaLeigh said...

i'm not big on coleslaw but this looks different and yummy. sorry i am just now commenting. i got off track last week with all the stuff going on. TATT will be back this week.